Sunday, March 11, 2007

Start of the Journey

This is a trial posting from the LA airport. It took me a while to sort out the codes but we are on a roll now. We have nice lounge facilities here so the 4 hour wait is not too bad. Air Canada and Air New Zealand are right beside each other so no switching of terminal either. We had a surprise at the check in in Toronto, they charge $50 for bikes now. The weight limit is 50 pounds, the bike weighed in at 51 but they were real nice and just charged me the $50.

Next posting will be from NZ in 3 days.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Hi Everyone, pray that you arrive safely and on time in NZ. I would have loved to be biking with you and will follow your trip with interest. I pray that you will experienc God's blessings and safety. Claire E.

John and Helen Koning said...

I'm glad to hear you're getting on fine Bill and hope to see you in a few days. By the way, next time let the air out of the tires to get under the weight limit.