Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Addendum To Crown Saddle

A few statistics for you which I missed yesterday. The total climbing for the day was about 850 m. Going up the saddle at 6-7 km /hr is like jogging up a ski hill 2x higher than Blue Mountain, or about 900 ft, with a 30 pound pack on. The winds on the way down are quite normal as the prevailing westerlies make their way through the passes. We can expect more of the same as we continue in this direction for the next 3 days.

We are heading out of town now and I am not sure of how much internet access we will have over the next few days but stay tuned. Bill

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Bill,
I've been enviously following your reports. Thanks for the pictures some like the the view of Peter's rear wheel brought back memories.
All my best to all.

George V