Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Greymouth to Berlins

It was a grey day when we set out shortly after 8 AM on this somewhat long day of 135 km.

The ride was along the coast for at least 1/2 of the day but quite hilly as the road went up and down along the coast. We stopped at Pancake Rocks and took lots of photos of this unique spot (sorry I can't post from here tonight).

After we left the coast we started a steady climb along the buller Gorge (also some pictures for later posting). The place we are staying in is along the river with the cliffs behind.

I haven't mentioned Sand Flys yet but these little critters are all along the West coast here. They are worse than Manitoba Mosiquetoes. Rita and I stopped once and were almost eaten alive . They are about the size of fruit flies but suck your blood like mosqitoes.

Anyway I have to go now. Will try to post tomorrow again. Bill

No comments: