We are 16 people, 11 riding 10 bikes, the others driving a van. Nearly everyone had some affiliation with the Sea to Sea of the CRC in 2005. The group consists of: Ton (R) and Trish Lobert, Joe (R) and Margaret DeWeerd, Peter (R) and Rita (R) Beerda, Bernie (R) and Anna Berghout, Bill (me) and Rita Wybenga (tandem R), Kirk Drew (R), Dora VanderWouda (R), John Koning (R), Adrian Kloet (R), Tjisse (main driver) and Teresa Kalverda.
I hope to post daily blogs with highlight photos starting March 13 for North American readers, which will actually be the 14th in NZ. At that time Rita and I will be driving the 11 passenger van, hopefully on the left side of the road, from Auckland south for about 1600 km to meet the group arriving in Christchurch by plane. From there I get to drive another 400km and the others fly to a little city called Invercargill which is located at the south end of the South Island. We will assemble our bikes at the airport and ride north for 4 weeks arriving in the Auckland area on April 12.
For your viewing pleasure I have inserted route maps of the tour.

No comments:
Post a Comment